The Drifter is a fine quality Australian made display unit that monitors a 12V battery and water tank levels. It is designed specifically for Jayco caravan applications and acts like a fuel guage by monitoring and displaying information such as:
- Battery voltage
- Current flowing in (charging)
- Current flowing out (discharging)
- Estimated battery charge status and the estimated time to discharge
- Level indication of up to 4 water tanks including 1 waste indicator
- Time (digital clock) with am/pm
- Ambient temperature
- Water pump status
- Battery on/off status
All on an LCD display (with backlight for night viewing).
The Drifter product is compatible with any 12V lead acid battery including:
- Valve regulated lead acid (VRLA)
- Absorbed Glass mat (AGM)
- Gel batteries as well as traditional non sealed batteries
The Drifter is permanently wired in to your 12V electrical system and continuously monitors the battery voltage and charge current. It uses this information together with several parameters that are set by the user to model the batteries behaviour and to estimate the actual charge left in the battery. This enables it to display a simple fuel guage of the capacity state of charge (SOC) of the battery.
The current drain of the unit is only 3 mA which is much less than the normal self discharge of a battery so it will not materially affect the lifetime of the battery.
- Backlight can be set as nightlight
- USB charger
- Water pump switch
- Battery switch