11 NOV 2015
Basically just add your favourite pizza toppings to your damper mixture (below), mix it through, put it on top or lash out & do both, sprinkle with cheese, voila!
2 cups self raising flour1 Tablespoon butter or margarine1/2 teaspoon saltapprox 1 cup water1/4 cup milk
- Ideally, sift flour and salt into a large bowl.
- Rub the butter through the flour until you get a 'crumbly' mixture.
- Gradually stir in water and milk
- Cover hands in flour and knead the bread on a floured surface until fairly smooth. Shape into a ball and flatten slightly. Allow to stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Put a piece of greased aluminium foil in the camp oven / on the trivet and place the damper on it.
- With the lid on securely, place coals on the lid. (To give an even heat distribution).
- It should take about 30 minutes to cook. It will be a nice golden brown colour when ready. Give it a 'tap' on the top and bottom. It will sound hollow when cooked.